Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Pencil

Happy Cinco de Mayo,

I received an email today from a friend and instead of just forwarding it to everyone; I decided to post on my blog.  It was reinforcement after I spoke to a family member who is feeling a little discouraged at this point in time.  So here it is.  I hope it speaks to all of you, as it spoke to my heart.

A PENCIL MAKER TOLD THE PENCIL 5 IMPORTANT LESSONS JUST BEFORE PUTTING IT IN THE BOX:
1. EVERYTHING YOU DO WILL ALWAYS LEAVE A MARK.
2. YOU CAN ALWAYS CORRECT THE MISTAKES YOU MAKE.
3. WHAT IS IMPORTANT IS WHAT IS INSIDE OF YOU.
4. IN LIFE, YOU WILL UNDERGO PAINFUL SHARPENINGS, WHICH WILL ONLY MAKE YOU BETTER.
5. TO BE THE BEST PENCIL, YOU MUST ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE HELD AND GUIDED BY THE HAND THAT HOLDS YOU.
We all need to be constantly sharpened.  This parable may encourage you to know that you are a special person, with unique God-given talents and abilities.  Only you can fulfill the purpose which you were born to accomplish.  Never allow yourself to get discouraged and think that your life is insignificant and cannot be changed and, like the pencil, always remember that the most important part of who you are is what's inside of you and then allow yourself to be guided by the hand of God.

Need I say more.......?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, during the past 2 weeks I've had situations come up where I have been tested. It has forced me to look at the possibility that I may be borderline depressive, angry toward life circumstances, and just ungrateful for what God has done for me. Because of your blog today I have a new prospective. I do have a purpose, I am special, even though my spouse tells me that all the time I still have trouble believing it. Today my only goal is to allow God to continue to hold and guide me toward the path he is training me for. Thank You God. Thank you Inkognito.

    ReplyDelete