Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wants vs Needs

I always get on my husband when he says he "Needs" something when in reality it is just a want.  I have even brought in my oldest son to the discussion to tell his dad what the difference is.  My husband will sometimes still argue me down that he REALLY needs it but I know better.  Today as I was walking to grab a slice of pizza for lunch, I became filled with emotion in how blessed I am.  I had $2.50 in my purse to make the purchase.  I was able to walk to my destination with all 5 of my senses in tact.  Today is my payday so I was joyous that I have a job and received money to pay my bills.  When I leave work I am jumping into my car and drive to my home.  Yes, I would love a "real" LV purse to carry on my arm, a new car - Range Rover Sport to be exact and a bigger home in Maryland but these are all WANTS.  My reality is that I may not have everything I want, but I have more than I need.  My life is good and I have to appreciate the things God has blessed me with because there are so many that would jump to be in my shoes.  Thank you Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment